Welcome to ManyStoriesOneHeart.gr!
This project is an official submission for the 2016 Apps4Thessaloniki competition - Tourism edition.
ManyStoriesOneHeart.gr ("MSOH") is a web portal in which registered users ("MEMBERS") can create small articles ("STORIES") as also as browse the published STORIES. Anonymous users ("ANONYMOUS") can still do everything on MSOH except from creating STORIES.
From this point with the term "MSOH" we mean not only the website itself but also the SERVICES ("SERVICES") available such as the RESTful API, the SPARQL API, the RSS feed etc.
By using MSOH, you are agreeing that you, and each person you allow to access it as a MEMBER or ANONYMOUS, will abide by the terms of the following Agreement, which is summarized here, and set forth in its entirety below.
This Agreement is between you and MSOH, and it governs your access to and use of the SERVICES offered under the domain ManyStoriesOneHeart.gr (the "WEBSITE"). Your access to and use of the WEBSITE is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with this Agreement.
- Anything you post on MSOH is public. So make sure you’re comfortable with the idea that anyone can view and reuse your STORIES.
- You shouldn’t post any STORY or use our SERVICES to do anything illegal or malicious.
- If it turns out any of your STORIES or use is illegal or malicious, MSOH is not responsible - you are responsible.
- Please do not hack, attack, or make unfair use of our SERVICES.
- If disputes arise between you and anyone other than MSOH, we have no obligation to participate or assist either party.
License of STORIES¶
Every STORY you create on MSOH is published under an open source license (currently Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 4.0).
If you don't agree with this license please do not use add a STORY on MSOH.
Furthermore MSOH may distribute or use STORIES in a variety of ways. Examples include:
- Your STORY may be selected to be featured on the MSOH site
- Your STORY may be used on printed material, brochures, clothe printing, advertisements etc
- Your STORY may be used on Social Media of MSOH
If you believe that material located on or linked to by MSOH violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify MSOH. MSOH will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. MSOH will terminate a visitor's access to and use of the Services if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of MSOH or others. In the case of such termination, MSOH will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to MSOH.
Logo and slogan copyright¶
The logo used on MSOH as also as the slogan "Many Stories One Heart" is owned by the Municipality of Thessaloniki ("MUT"). We are not going to claim any ownership of the brand and we are not officially associated with MUT or any other public sector organization.
If you are a legal representative of MUT please contact us at help [at] manystoriesoneheart [dot] gr to inform us about misuse of the brand elements or any other issue that may arise.
Embeded media copyright¶
According to the EU law embedding in a website of a work which is publicly accessible on another website by means of a link using the framing technology does not by itself constitute communication to the public within the meaning of to the extent that the relevant work is neither communicated to a new public nor by using a specific technical means different from that used for the original communication.
For legal matters we do not provide the embeded source code on the MSOH APIs but only the initial link of the media.
In order to become a MEMBER, MSOH requires an individual to be at least fifteen (15) years old and not have a previous account terminated by MSOH or otherwise have had his or her access to the SERVICES terminated by MSOH. It is a violation of the Agreement to provide false or misleading information to MSOH in connection with the creation of an account. If you would like to report an account registered for a minor, please email help [at] manystoriesoneheart [dot] gr.
In exchange for your being able to use the SERVICES, you agree to be bound by the following obligations:
You may not:
- use a false information or an account owned or controlled by another person with the intent to mislead other users maliciously by impersonating that person or for any other reason;
- use as a username a name subject to any rights of a person other than yourself without appropriate authorization or otherwise submit false or misleading information to the MSOH.
No Changes to the Software¶
You may not and may not allow any third party to:
- modify, adapt, disassemble, decompile, translate, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or structure, sequence and organization of the SERVICES or any portion of any website on which the SERVICES are offered (except where the foregoing is required by applicable local law, and then only to the extent so required under such laws);
- use the SERVICES in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the SERVICES or another user's use of the SERVICES;
- remove, obscure or change any copyright, trademark, hyperlink or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the SERVICES or any website on which the SERVICES is offered;
- submit any content or material that falsely express or imply that such content or material is sponsored or endorsed by the MSOH; or use the SERVICES to violate the security of any computer network or transfer or store illegal material.
You agree that your use of and conduct on the SERVICES and your User Contributed Content shall be lawful and will not:
- violate the contractual, personal, intellectual property or other rights of any party, or promote or constitute illegal activity;
- be in violation of these Terms, any local, state, federal or international law, rule or regulation or the rules of conduct posted with respect to any individual feature of the SERVICES;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses or mislead others as to the origins of your communications;
- trick, defraud or mislead the MSOH or other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as passwords;
- make improper use of the MSOH’s SERVICES, submit false reports of abuse or misconduct;
- engage in promoting any pyramid schemes or other multi-tiered marketing schemes or engage in promoting any websites or SERVICES that are deemed spam, malware, or contain objectionable material in the MSOH's sole discretion;
- create or transmit unwanted electronic communications such as “spam,” to other users or members of SERVICES or otherwise interfere with other users' or members' enjoyment of the SERVICES;
- disseminate or transmit viruses, worms, Trojan horses, RATs, keyboard loggers, time bombs, spyware, adware, cancelbots, passive collection mechanisms or any other malicious or invasive code or program or upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including, without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats, 1x1 pixels, web bugs, cookies or other similar devices;
- reverse engineer, decompile, reverse assemble, modify or attempt to discover any software (source code or object code) that the SERVICES create to generate web pages or any software or other products or processes accessible through the SERVICES;
- except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use or launch, develop or distribute any automated system, including, without limitation, any spider, robot (or "bot"), cheat utility, scraper or offline reader that accesses the SERVICES, or use or launch any unauthorized script or other software;
- cover or obscure any notice, banner or other branding on the SERVICES;
- interfere with or circumvent any security feature of the SERVICES or any feature that restricts or enforces limitations on use of or access to the SERVICES or the STORIES;
Responsibility for consequences¶
You agree that you shall be responsible for any consequences (including a responsibility to indemnify the MSOH for damages it may suffer) arising in the event that any use of and conduct on the SERVICES and your STORIES:
- includes any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference or physical handicap;
- includes profanity or any obscene, indecent, pornographic, sexual or otherwise objectionable content or language;
- defames, libels, ridicules, mocks, disparages, threatens, harass, intimidates or abuses anyone;
- promotes violence or describes how to perform a violent act;
- reveals any personal information about another individual, including another person's address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number or any information that may be used to track, contact or impersonate that individual;
- attempts to impersonate any other party;
- uses tools which anonymize your internet protocol address (e.g. anonymous proxy) to access the SERVICES;
Third-party account use for sign-ins¶
MSOH has technical, administrative and physical safeguards in place to help protect against unauthorized access to, use or disclosure of user information we maintain. Under our security practices and policies, access to personally identifiable information is authorized only for those who have a business need for such access, and sensitive records are to be retained only as long as necessary for business or legal needs and destroyed before disposal.
We cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use or disclose personal information. If you become aware of a security issue, please email us at help [at] manystoriesoneheart [dot] gr.
External Links Disclaimer¶
MSOH may contain links to third-party websites, advertisers, SERVICES, social media, or other events or activities that are not owned or controlled by MSOH. MSOH does not endorse or assume any responsibility for any such third-party sites, information, materials, products, or services.
You agree that MSOH shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort relating to your dealings with such advertisers.
Termination of Agreement¶
You may discontinue your use of the SERVICES at any time without informing us. We may, however, retain and continue to use any STORY that you have submitted through the SERVICES.
MSOH may, without prior notice, change the SERVICES, stop providing the SERVICES or features of the SERVICES to you or to users generally, or create usage limits for the SERVICES. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the SERVICES without notice and liability for any reason, including if, in our sole determination, you violate any provision of these Terms. In particular, MSOH may immediately terminate or suspend accounts that have been flagged for repeat copyright infringement, in accordance with the applicable laws.
Upon termination of your access to or ability to use a SERVICES, including but not limited to suspension of your account, your right to use or access that SERVICES will immediately cease. All provisions of this Agreement that by their nature should survive termination, shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability. Termination of your access to and use of the SERVICES shall not relieve you of any obligations arising or accruing prior to such termination or limit any liability which you otherwise may have to MSOH or any third party.
You agree that the laws of Greece, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms and any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and MSOH, except as otherwise stated in these Terms. If there is any legal issue then you agree that the courts of Thessaloniki are to handle the case.
Statute of Limitations¶
Notification of Changes¶
If you would like to contact us for any legal reason etc, please email us help [at] manystoriesoneheart [dot] gr.